Raise your hand if you have cellulite!
The journey to self-love and body acceptance isn’t always an easy one. It takes numerous life lessons and tons of patience. I’m an active mom of two, very conscious of what I put into my body and guess what…I still have cellulite!
I’ve done everything to fight it and have tried to hide it in the past until I finally came to the realization that it just isn’t a big deal. I’m healthy and that’s what matters. I’m Latin – thick legs (and cellulite) are in my genetics and I’m damn proud. My body has given me the two greatest gifts of my life…my girls. More importantly, I’m showing my daughters to love their bodies with all their perfect imperfections.
Ladies, cellulite is normal! In no way does it determine your strength, health and most definitely not your self-worth. And don’t let anyone tell you differently. Whether you’re battling cellulite, stretch marks or loose skin, accept it, embrace it and rock it!
Sure, I’ll still be active. Sure, I’ll still lead a healthy lifestyle and I’m not encouraging you to abandon your healthy ways because you can’t fix your “dimples”. Instead, I encourage you to keep working out and eating well. Keep doing what makes you feel good…but do it in proudly in shorts..and in a bikini!
Sure, we can minimize the appearance of cellulite, but let’s not make this our goal. Let’s make HEALTHY our goal. Here are some simple tips that can help us all lead overall healthier lives:
- Strength train – don’t be afraid to life weights and not just for troubled zones but for your entire body
- Stretch – I myself am working on increasing my flexibility and yoga is helping
- Do cardio – a balance of HIIT, low impact and endurance
- Be more active! If you have a desk job, get up and take breaks often to walk. Park further in parking lots. Take the stairs instead of elevators. Every little bit helps!
- Avoid processed foods – eat more veggies, lean proteins, fruits, whole grains
- Avoid sugary drinks
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- HYDRATE!! HYDRATE!! HYDRATE!!
- Massage your skin
Once again, you can only MINIMIZE the appearance of cellulite. Mostly, it boils down to genetics and surprisingly, studies have found that over 90% of women have cellulite. Over 90% – that’s a shocking number! Don’t think you’re alone on this. Let’s all strive to be HEALTHY, ladies! And being healthy is WAY more important than those little dimples on your skin.
One thought on “Precious little dimples…on your body! Ugh.”
Love this post! Awesome, awesome tips!